We repair Water Damaged Carpet ASAP
Steps you should take if you have had water damage on your carpet:
- Gently with pliers pull up the wet edge off tack strip in a corner- being careful to NOT tear carpet
- with a cut knife- Immediately cut out water soaked pad and throw it in a garbage bag
- With a shop vac- attempt to soak up as much water as you can
- peel back the carpet as you did when you cut out all the soaked pad, and with your wet-dry vac, vacuum substrate, trying to get all the water off of the floor as quickly as possible.
- Set Fans to dry the substrate first, then the carpet second.
- Try to set fans on top of and below carpet, increasing vapor pressure thus allowing the evaporation of water.
- You will need to call us to get water out of the carpet in most cases, as well as to clean, reinstall pad and carpet later, restretching and cleaning the carpet.