We repair Water Damaged Carpet ASAP- We Save Your Carpet While Minimizing Your Expense & Incovenience!
This is what we do for Water Damaged Carpet Repair:
- We Gently pull the carpet back without tearing it
- We cut out ONLY the affected wet PAD- It is permanently damaged and cannot be repaired. Replacement is necessary.
- We (can) drop fans when necessary and come back when substrate is dry and carpet is dried.
- We clean the substrate and the back of the carpet
- We replace and install new pad professionally
- We apply an anti-microbial chemical that is safe for your carpet, pets, & family to the substrate before the pad install, to the back of the carpet after cleaning
- We restretch the carpet back into place– while providing a LIFETIME warranty on the stretch against future buckling or wrinkling. Because, once you take the carpet off of tack strip, you lose the stretch and it requires re-power stretching the carpet back onto the tack strip, trimming and tucking.
- We clean the top of the carpet, with a DEEP CLEAN.
- We apply an anti-microbial on top of the wet affected area as a precautionary measure.
ANATOMICAL DESCRIPTION OF WHAT WE DO FOR WATER DAMAGE CARPET REPAIR & PAD REPLACEMENT & RE-STRETCH:
We will pull the Carpet up-Clean-Sanitize-Deodorize With Anti-Microbial-Replace the Pad- Clean the Back of the Carpet-Reinstall/Restretch the Room’s Carpet-Clean the Carpet & Leave Anti-Microbial on the Substrate-back of the carpet/top of the new pad-Top of the Cleaned Carpet. This base package covers PAD REPLACEMENT IN a large area up to 8′ X 8′ in size. If you need extra PAD in areas or larger size(s), simply calculate the ADDITIONAL Square Footage and multiply by $3.60 + $495= YOUR NEW TOTAL.
This pricing is based on (1) The below size of the room AND (2) Wet Pad Replacement Area when we pull back carpet to expose the moisture. In all cases, moisture area is BIGGER below, than is visible on top of carpet. Let’s Calculate….
Small Room/Area (up to 130 sq ft) Price- $495 includes New Pad up to 8′ X 8′ (additional pad is $3.60 per sq ft over 64 sq ft)
Medium Room/Area Price (up to 200 sq ft)- $595 includes New Pad up to 8′ X 8′ (additional pad is $3.60 per sq ft over 64 sq ft)
Large Room/Area Price (up to 280 sq ft)- $695 includes New Pad up to 8′ X 8′ (additional pad is $3.60 per sq ft over 64 sq ft)
Extra Large Room/Area (up to 375 sq ft)- $845 includes New Pad up to 8′ X 8′ (additional pad is $3.60 per sq ft over 64 sq ft)
HOW TO CALCULATE COST:
Take your Square Footage of Room, pick above option, that is the base price. If your Pad replacement size is bigger than 8′ X 8′, calculate the ADDITIONAL Square Footage and multiply by $3.60 + $495= YOUR NEW TOTAL.
OUR 8 STEP WATER DAMAGE CARPET REPAIR PROCESS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
*(1) 2 trips to you: one to pull back carpet, cut out & removal of pad in order to allow substrate to begin drying without wet pad. Second (2nd) trip is to Clean, Install Pad & Re-stretch Carpet back into place etc.
* (2) Pad replacement, up to 8′ X 8′. *(Pet Pad is $1.00 sq ft extra)
* (3) Cleaning & Deodorizing the Substrate with Anti-Microbial
*(4) Cleaning back of Carpet, & Deodorizing with Anti-Microbial
* (5) Removal of Water Soaked Pad
* (6) Professional NEW PAD INSTALLATION & Tack Strip (if necessary)
* (7) Re-Power-stretching the carpet & Reinstall the Carpet & Transition if needed- Lifetime Warranty on the re-stretch of carpeting against buckling.
* (8) Cleaning the top of the carpet water damage on the top fibers as well as Anti-Microbial and deodorizer on top of carpet
DOES NOT INCLUDE OR GUARANTEE THE FOLLOWING:
*Does Not include a Mold/Mildew removal guarantee- Our service is a mitigation service= removing the source of the water, which is in the Pad, allowing the carpet to dry, deep cleaning & restretch/reinstallation. We are not a licensed Mold Remediation company.
*Does Not Include Drywall Removal or Replacement- That is Additional Charge on a Case by Case basis. We don’t do Drywall removal on Houses between 1930-1976 due to Asbestos. Asbestos was outlawed in 1977. Call to discuss.
*Does Not Include Baseboard Removal or Damage To Paint on Baseboard. We do remove baseboards at an extra charge. Call To Discuss.
*Does Not Include Carpet Patching due to reckless carpet deinstall by customer/3rd party that shreds the seam, and now we have to patch the seam because traditional re-seaming wont work. Carpet Patching is Extra Cost.
*Does Not Include Carpet Dyeing or Water Staining on top of carpet after it dries is an additional service that we do- but you may not need it. Stain Removal or Dyeing is Extra Cost.
*Does Not Include If We Have to break a seam in order to pull back carpet to remove wet pad- then reseam later. Additional Seaming price is $20 per linear foot.
Steps you should take if you have had water damage on your carpet:
- Gently with pliers pull up the wet edge off tack strip in a corner- being careful to NOT tear carpet
- with a cut knife- Immediately cut out water soaked pad and throw it in a garbage bag
- With a shop vac- attempt to soak up as much water as you can
- peel back the carpet as you did when you cut out all the soaked pad, and with your wet-dry vac, vacuum substrate, trying to get all the water off of the floor as quickly as possible.
- Set Fans to dry the substrate first, then the carpet second.
- Try to set fans on top of and below carpet, increasing vapor pressure thus allowing the evaporation of water.
- You will need to call us to get water out of the carpet in most cases, as well as to clean, reinstall pad and carpet later, restretching and cleaning the carpet.